Call for Papers 2018 Annual Conference
Bridging Borders for Peace and Prosperity
March 21-24, 2018
San Diego, California
Hosted by School of Business, University of San Diego
San Diego, California
Conference Registration now open! Click here to register
Emerging markets in Latin America and the world face several challenges for economic growth and wealth creation in a way that is inclusive and contributes to sustainable peace. Regional partnerships are being challenged as the benefits of globalization are questioned and nations look inward. What is the role that business can play in giving value to local communities while promoting globalization, economic integration and regional strategies? In the BALAS 2018 conference in San Diego, we would like to address these issues, exploring answers to questions like:
- What role can businesses in Latin America play in creating sustainable peace?
- How has economic integration and cross-border business development contributed to wealth creation in communities in the Americas?
- How have companies in Latin America established new business models and inclusive partnerships?
- How do public-private partnerships contribute to inclusive economic growth?
In addition to the special Theme Tracks, papers in all areas of business and economics in Latin America and the Caribbean are welcome. The conference will also include several keynote speakers addressing topics related to the conference theme. Confirmed keynote speakers include:
Stuart L. Hart: S.C. Johnson Chair of Sustainable Global Enterprise and Professor of Management at Cornell University's Johnson Graduate School of Management
Ambassador Jamal Khokhar, former Canadian Ambassador to Brazil and currently President and CEO of the Institute of the Americas
Lourdes S. Casanova, Academic Director of the Emerging Markets Institute at the Johnson School of Business at Cornell University.
2018 THEME TRACKS
- The business enterprise as an active agent for peace and prosperity
- Socially inclusive business strategies
- Sustainable business model design
- Peace through commerce
- Bridging divides across borders
- Private -public partnerships for cross border social and economic integration
GENERAL BALAS TRACKS
- Accounting, Taxation, and Management Information and Control Systems
- Consumer Behavior
- Corporate Finance
- Culture, Social, and Ethical Issues
- Economic Environment and Regional Integration
- Entrepreneurship and Family Business
- Financial Markets, Investment and Risk
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- Management Education and Teaching Cases
- Marketing Management
- Strategies for Global Competitiveness
- Supply-Chain and Operations Management